Who we are
APGI – “Association de Pharmacie Galénique Industrielle” or
“International Society for Drug Delivery Sciences and Technology”
The APGI was founded in 1964 to promote activities and facilitate professional exchanges in Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Technology and related fields. Everybody (students, academics, industrials, regulators, etc.) who is working in these areas is warmly welcome.
While we are a French association, we are proud to have members from all over the world (e.g., more than 50% are living outside France).
What we do
The APGI organizes a variety of events, including Information Days, Workshops, Hot Topic Days as well as different national and international scientific conferences.
- An Information Day is a 1 day event, which is jointly organised with industrial partners on a specific topic, with speakers from academia and industry.
- A Workshop is a 1 day event, being a mixture of invited lectures, practical demonstration sessions and an industrial exhibition.
- A Hot Topic Day is a 1 day event, addressing a specific topic: Invited lectures from academia and industry give an overview on the current state of the art and report on latest research findings in a rapidly evolving field.
International scientific conferences include:
- The World Meetings on Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology (3.5 day events), which are jointly organised together with our German (APV) and Italian friends (ADRITELF) in March/April of the even years. The conference is accompanied by an industrial exhibition.
- The European Conferences on Pharmaceutics (2 day events), which are jointly organised together with our German (APV) and Italian friends (ADRITELF) in March/April of the uneven years. The conference is accompanied by an industrial exhibition.
- The Conferences on Innovation in Drug Delivery (2.5 day events), which are jointly organised together with our Italian friends (ADRITELF).
Being an APGI member allows you to participate free of charge at the APGI Information Days and to benefit from special rates for all other APGI events.